Yes, Section 32-8-87(k), Code of Alabama 1975, requires every salvage vehicle to be restored in this state to its operating condition which existed prior to the event which caused the salvage certificate of title to issue.
Articles in this section
- What is a salvage vehicle (total loss)?
- What do I have to do to become a licensed rebuilder?
- My vehicle has a salvage title. Can I register and drive it on the public highways of this state?
- Do I have to repair all the damage to my salvage vehicle before applying for salvage inspection?
- Can I rebuild a motor vehicle with a parts only, parts car, non-rebuildable, certificate of destruction, or junk branded certificate of title?
- May I apply for an inspection to a vehicle rebuilt in another state?
- How do I track the status of my rebuilt inspection application?