Dealer and motorcycle dealer plates may be obtained by licensed new and used motor vehicle dealers. Dealer transit and motorcycle dealer transit plates may be obtained by motor vehicle wholesalers, rebuilders, and new and used motor vehicle dealers. Manufacturer plates may be obtained by manufacturers of private passenger automobiles, motorcycles, trucks, truck tractors, or trailers, if the manufacturing facility is located in Alabama. (Section 40-12-264, Code of Alabama 1975)
Articles in this section
- Lost, stolen, mutilated or damaged dealer and dealer transit plates?
- What are the prohibited uses of dealer and dealer transit plates?
- What are permissible uses of dealer transit plates?
- Who may legally operate vehicles displaying dealer transit plates?
- Are there limitations on the types of vehicles the plates may be used upon?
- Who may legally operate vehicles displaying dealer plates?
- What are the fees associated with the plates?
- Are there any restrictions on the number of dealer, dealer transit and manufacturer plates that can be obtained?
- Who qualifies for each type of license plate?
- How do I obtain an Alabama Dealer, Dealer Transit and Manufacturer License Plate?