1. Designated Agent Qualification Requirements:
o Licensed Alabama Motor Vehicle Dealers must have a current Dealer License.
o Licensed financial institutions – Submit a copy of their Title 5, Chapter 19, State Banking License or equivalent.
o Pawnshops – Submit copy of Alabama Pawnshop License.
o Out of state financial institutions (manufactured homes only) – Submit copy of company’s State business or regulatory license.
o Law Firms (manufactured homes only) – Submit copy of document evidencing that a principal of the firm is admitted to the State Bar.
o Title Agents (manufactured homes only) – Submit copy of certificate of authority issued by the Alabama Department of Insurance.
2. Access the designated agent package (ETAPS). Please note: the dealer regulatory license bond satisfies the designated agent bonding requirement. Non-dealers are required to post a surety bond in the amount of $25,000, payable to the State of Alabama.
3. When a completed package is received by the Department, the designated agent account will be set up in ETAPS and a designated agent certificate will be sent to the applicant.
4. All designated agents are required to attend a training class conducted by the department before their ETAPS account is activated and they are allowed to process title applications through ETAPS.
5. The ETAPS administrative account for the dealer will be activated within 3 to 5 business days upon successful completion of the ETAPS training class.
6. Upon activation, the administrator can create additional users for the dealer and submit title applications.