After the dealer license has been obtained, the dealer must visit the county licensing office to purchase the appropriate privilege license(s) (Sections 40-12-51, 40-12-62, or 40-12-169). Dealer license plates and manufactured license plates are purchased from the license plate official in the county in which the dealer is licensed to conduct business. The Manufacturer must present their Section 87 license in order to purchase manufacturer license plates.
Articles in this section
- Lost, stolen, mutilated or damaged dealer and dealer transit plates?
- What are the prohibited uses of dealer and dealer transit plates?
- What are permissible uses of dealer transit plates?
- Who may legally operate vehicles displaying dealer transit plates?
- Are there limitations on the types of vehicles the plates may be used upon?
- Who may legally operate vehicles displaying dealer plates?
- What are the fees associated with the plates?
- Are there any restrictions on the number of dealer, dealer transit and manufacturer plates that can be obtained?
- Who qualifies for each type of license plate?
- How do I obtain an Alabama Dealer, Dealer Transit and Manufacturer License Plate?