COST-$10.00 per card. Limit-3 per license year. Previous year BID cards may be used until October 31st of each year.
Licensed dismantlers from other states may also apply for BID cards. Out of state license holders should register your account by selecting “out of state registration” if logging into the MV license system for the first time. You must upload a legible copy of the dismantler’s license issued by another state. Note: There is no charge for the out-of-state dismantler account. The only charge is for the BID cards.
• Log onto the Motor Vehicle License Portal: https://mvlicense.mvtrip.alabama.gov.
• Click on the plus sign to apply for a BID card.
• Fill in each application for the individual cardholder. Please note that whatever you type on the application will appear on the card, so verify full names, spelling and capitalization. The information should match the applicant’s identification (driver’s license or non-driver ID).
• You must upload a legible copy of the applicant’s current driver’s license and the dismantler’s license issued by another state.
• Payment must be made via credit card.
• You will receive notice of approval via e-mail when your buyer ID card has been approved or disapproved.
• When approved, you should be able to log in to your account to view and print your buyer ID card.