According to Alabama tax laws, “reasonable medical and legal expenses paid or incurred by the taxpayers in connection with the adoption of a minor may be deducted as an adjustment to income. Medical expenses include any medical and hospital expenses of the adoptee and the adoptee's biological mothers which are incident of the adoptee's birth and subsequent medical care and in the case of the adoptee, are paid or incurred before the petition is granted. Adoption agency fees are not deductible."
Articles in this section
- Where’s my refund, why have I not received my refund yet?
- What is the address for mailing my return?
- How do I change or update my address?
- How do I obtain a copy of my return? I don’t see it on My Alabama Taxes:
- Who do I call if my refund is taken by other state agency?
- What should I do with an incorrect, torn or damaged refund check?
- If I am a victim of identity theft, what should I do?
- What expenses are deductible as Adoption Expenses?