The state transfer fee is $1.25. Additionally, a number of Alabama counties have imposed local issuance fees.
Articles in this section
- What is the fee to transfer a license plate?
- How do I obtain disability access parking credentials?
- Does Alabama law require the vehicle operator to retain registration documents within the vehicle?
- In which situations does the State of Alabama charge a delinquent penalty for the registration of a motor vehicle?
- If I move out of Alabama and register my vehicle in another jurisdiction, am I required to return the license plate to the State of Alabama?
- When I sell or otherwise dispose of my vehicle, does the license plate remain on the vehicle?
- I purchased a vehicle overseas and will be shipping it to the United States. How do I title and register the vehicle in Alabama?