No. Alabama law provides that no refund may be granted for the unused portion of registration fees. Due to this requirement, registrants are not required to surrender Alabama license plates when they move to another jurisdiction.
Articles in this section
- What is the fee to transfer a license plate?
- How do I obtain disability access parking credentials?
- Does Alabama law require the vehicle operator to retain registration documents within the vehicle?
- In which situations does the State of Alabama charge a delinquent penalty for the registration of a motor vehicle?
- If I move out of Alabama and register my vehicle in another jurisdiction, am I required to return the license plate to the State of Alabama?
- When I sell or otherwise dispose of my vehicle, does the license plate remain on the vehicle?
- I purchased a vehicle overseas and will be shipping it to the United States. How do I title and register the vehicle in Alabama?