License plates are to be removed by the registrant upon the sale or disposal of the vehicle. If another vehicle is acquired, you may be able to transfer your license plate to this newly acquired vehicle. Please contact your license plate issuing offices for further information.
Articles in this section
- What is the fee to transfer a license plate?
- How do I obtain disability access parking credentials?
- Does Alabama law require the vehicle operator to retain registration documents within the vehicle?
- In which situations does the State of Alabama charge a delinquent penalty for the registration of a motor vehicle?
- If I move out of Alabama and register my vehicle in another jurisdiction, am I required to return the license plate to the State of Alabama?
- When I sell or otherwise dispose of my vehicle, does the license plate remain on the vehicle?
- I purchased a vehicle overseas and will be shipping it to the United States. How do I title and register the vehicle in Alabama?