In accordance with the Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Civil Relief Act, military members whose vehicles are titled and registered in their legal jurisdictions of residency may maintain their valid registration from their home of record while they are stationed in Alabama. However, they may choose to title and register their vehicle in Alabama while they are stationed in this state. Vehicles registered in Alabama must be covered by an Alabama liability insurance policy.
Articles in this section
- Where do I go to register my motor vehicle in Alabama?
- What are the prerequisites for registering a vehicle in Alabama?
- Is the registrant required to prove that he/she has liability insurance when registering a motor vehicle?
- Is emissions testing a prerequisite to registration?
- I just acquired a vehicle. How many days do I have to title and register this vehicle?
- I just moved to Alabama. How long do I have before I must register my vehicle?
- I am a military member stationed in Alabama. Am I required to title and register my vehicle in Alabama?