The DOR will use the information to attempt to verify insurance coverage with the insurer. If insurance is verified (i.e. confirmed) successfully, the MLI record will be closed. If insurance is not verified (i.e. unconfirmed), the registrant should contact their insurer and request that the insurer provide evidence of insurance coverage (statement on insurer’s letterhead) for the vehicle on the insurance verification date. The evidence can be submitted electronically to DOR at: www.besuretoinsureal.com or it can be submitted to their local licensing official.
Articles in this section
- What do I do if I did not have insurance on the verification date?
- I had insurance on the insurance verification date reflected on the MLI Verification Notice, do I still need to pay the reinstatement fee?
- I received a request for insurance verification on a vehicle that was stored or not working and thus was uninsured. How do I respond to the verification notice?
- What do I do if I sold the vehicle; I received the insurance verification request for prior to the date for verification?
- Why did I receive a MLI Verification Notice when I already paid the ticket for no insurance?
- What does the state do with the insurance information I provide for verification of insurance coverage information?