Alabama law provides that any person acquiring a new or used motor vehicle shall obtain a license plate within twenty (20) calendar days from the date of acquisition. In order to register a vehicle subject to the Alabama title law, a title application must be completed before a registration can be processed. When a certificate of title is not required, only a registration is issued. A designated agent or their appointed deputy is required to inspect the vehicle prior to issuing a registration.
Articles in this section
- Where do I go to register my motor vehicle in Alabama?
- What are the prerequisites for registering a vehicle in Alabama?
- Is the registrant required to prove that he/she has liability insurance when registering a motor vehicle?
- Is emissions testing a prerequisite to registration?
- I just acquired a vehicle. How many days do I have to title and register this vehicle?
- I just moved to Alabama. How long do I have before I must register my vehicle?
- I am a military member stationed in Alabama. Am I required to title and register my vehicle in Alabama?