Reinstatement fees are only due when the vehicle was not insured on the insurance verification date, or the vehicle did not qualify for an exemption (sold, stored, inoperable, etc.).
Articles in this section
- How does the state verify liability insurance coverage?
- How does the state confirm insurance coverage?
- Doesn’t the insurance company provide you with my policy information?
- I have had insurance with my insurance company for many years, why would the insurer not confirm coverage on my vehicle?
- I received a request for insurance verification on one of my vehicles. Should I expect to receive a request for insurance verification for all my vehicles?
- When are proof of insurance and payment of fees required?