Not necessarily. On a periodic basis, the DOR attempts to verify insurance for all registered vehicles. If insurance coverage cannot be verified for a vehicle, the DOR will mail an MLI verification notice to the address on the vehicle registration and/or email (if email address is available) the registrant asking for evidence of insurance on the vehicle.
Articles in this section
- How does the state verify liability insurance coverage?
- How does the state confirm insurance coverage?
- Doesn’t the insurance company provide you with my policy information?
- I have had insurance with my insurance company for many years, why would the insurer not confirm coverage on my vehicle?
- I received a request for insurance verification on one of my vehicles. Should I expect to receive a request for insurance verification for all my vehicles?
- When are proof of insurance and payment of fees required?