On a continuous basis, all motor vehicle registrations subject to the law are reviewed to verify if they are insured. The Department will attempt to confirm insurance through OIVS and if confirmation is not received, then the Department will mail or email the registrant a postcard questionnaire asking for updated insurance information on each vehicle the coverage could not be confirmed for.
Articles in this section
- How Does the State Verify Liability Insurance Coverage?
- How Does the State Confirm Insurance Coverage?
- Doesn’t The Insurance Company Provide You With My Policy Information?
- I Have Had Insurance With My Insurance Company for Many Years, Why Would They Not Confirm Coverage on My Vehicle?
- I Received a Request for Insurance Verification on One of My Vehicles, Should I Expect to Receive a Request for Insurance Verification for All My Vehicles?
- When Are Proof of Insurance and Payment of Fees Required?