Variances in the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and/ or insurance policy number provided for confirmation of coverage could result in the insurer responding “unconfirmed”. To determine a possible VIN discrepancy, check the VIN listed on your insurance card and registration receipt against the VIN plate on the vehicle to find any discrepancies which could result in a false unconfirmed response from the insurer. If you have provided the policy number as shown on your insurance card and an “unconfirmed” response is returned, you should contact your insurance agent to determine any discrepancies.
Articles in this section
- How Does the State Verify Liability Insurance Coverage?
- How Does the State Confirm Insurance Coverage?
- Doesn’t The Insurance Company Provide You With My Policy Information?
- I Have Had Insurance With My Insurance Company for Many Years, Why Would They Not Confirm Coverage on My Vehicle?
- I Received a Request for Insurance Verification on One of My Vehicles, Should I Expect to Receive a Request for Insurance Verification for All My Vehicles?
- When Are Proof of Insurance and Payment of Fees Required?