Registrants are required to provide licensing officials with insurance information (policy number, NAIC #, policy type), including updates, when the vehicle is registered. This information is used by DOR to verify vehicle insurance using the Online Insurance Verification System (OIVS).
Articles in this section
- How does the state verify liability insurance coverage?
- How does the state confirm insurance coverage?
- Doesn’t the insurance company provide you with my policy information?
- I have had insurance with my insurance company for many years, why would the insurer not confirm coverage on my vehicle?
- I received a request for insurance verification on one of my vehicles. Should I expect to receive a request for insurance verification for all my vehicles?
- When are proof of insurance and payment of fees required?