The online insurance verification system (OIVS) uses web services for real time verification of policy information with insurers. The OIVS is accessible to the department, licensing officials, and law enforcement. If OIVS does not return a “confirmed” response to the department, licensing officials, or law enforcement, the registrant will be required to present the evidence of insurance document. The Alabama Department of Revenue (ADOR) continues to attempt to verify the policy information submitted and will follow-up on any unconfirmed responses received from the insurer by sending a questionnaire to the registrant.
Articles in this section
- How does the state verify liability insurance coverage?
- How does the state confirm insurance coverage?
- Doesn’t the insurance company provide you with my policy information?
- I have had insurance with my insurance company for many years, why would the insurer not confirm coverage on my vehicle?
- I received a request for insurance verification on one of my vehicles. Should I expect to receive a request for insurance verification for all my vehicles?
- When are proof of insurance and payment of fees required?